Approval In Principle (AIP) – A Step Towards Your Canadian Dream
Good News for Canada aspirants! The road to Canada has been broadened for you. Canada has declared numerous measures to help international students hoping to study in Canada and start a new course online from this fall due to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Canadian government has modified the study permit application process and post-graduation work permit. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) followed several other modifications to support international students since the pandemic took hold.
Major Study Permit Modifications for International Students:
- An Approval-In-Principle (AIP) for study certifications will be provided if students pass the primary stage
- The government now allows global students who are unable to submit all of the documentation essential to process their post-graduation work applications due to COVID-19 closures but still want to begin their studies while in another country, to do so.
- The government has been allowing students to count the time spent studying online while abroad to their eligibility for a post-graduate Canadian work certification if at least 50 percent of their post-secondary program has been accomplished in Canada.
- IRCC prioritized the processing of education permits for international students who have submitted a completed application online so that their permits are processed as quickly as possible.
What is the Two-Stage Approval Process?
In order to simplify all the procedures of approval of documentation, the Canadian Government has announced a new two-stage process. This process will allow prospective students to move ahead with their plans upon receiving an “Approval in Principle” (AIP). The two-stage approval process is applied to candidates at all levels of education whose course is starting in the fall semester or earlier and who submit, or have previously submitted, an education permit request online on or before September 15, 2020.
Benefits offered to an international student:
- As an international student, you will primarily obtain an approval-in-principle that allows you to start your studies online, before receiving a full sanction
- You can start studying online abroad and have that time count towards in PGWP, and eventually receive full study permit approval
- You will be entitled to work in Canada after graduation, even if you need to begin your education online abroad
- Due to these measures, you will be provided more certainty about your aptitude to enter Canada once travel and health restrictions are relieved in Canada and your home country
- Canadian Government is dedicated to providing priority study-permit processing for candidates who have submitted a complete application online
- Your Canadian program online will guard your health and safety and enable you to complete your education, career, and immigration objectives
- The professional work experience in Canada can help you to acquire permanent residence eventually
What do you need to do?
- In order to be approved in principle, you need to demonstrate that you have been admitted by a Canadian college or university and you have the financial ability to pay for it. Also, you would be required to submit and approve all the pending documents before being allowed to enter Canada.
Always Process your file through Canadian government approved ICCRC consultants only.
Basic Documents Required for AIP:
- Letter of acceptance (LOA)
- Proof of funds
- Temporary or permanent status
- Family ties to Canada
Documents for the Admissibility Stage:
- Immigration medical examination
- Security-Police certificates
What is Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)?
- The Post-Graduation Work Permit offers international students the opportunity to work after graduation by allowing a Canada work permit for up to three years.
The legitimacy of a PGWP is interrelated to the span of study. See the illustration for eligibility.
The Validity of Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)
Span of Study
|8 months to 2 years||2 years or more||More than a single program|
|Length of PGWP||Same as the length of study||3 years|
The accumulative total length of education is applicable
IRCC’s new policies are intended to help international students pursue their educational goals. According to IRCC, almost 60,000 international students become immigrants each year. As an international student, you can pursue an outstanding standard of education in one of the world’s most open and diverse countries, even in these tough times. More importantly, after completing your education, you can gain a PGWP to work in Canada for up to three years to help you to obtain permanent residence (Canada PR), and eventually citizenship.
At Rao Consultants, we specialize in helping aspirants in achieving their Canadian dreams. As certified consultants by ICCRC, we are recognized by the Canadian government to ensure that your future is in safe hands. For any assistance, CALL: 079 67 444 444 or Book Appointment: www.bit.ly/Rao-Appointment