Alberta PNP Draw which was held on the 22nd of March, 2022, under the Express Entry Steam gave off 350 invitations to the profiles of candidates with a minimum score of 350 points. However, the particulars of the draw were updated on March 29, 2022. The cut off score for this draw was marginally higher by 7 points in comparison with the February 1, 2022 draw which invited 400 Express Entry profiles. Alberta’s PNP draw is now known as AAIP (Alberta Advantage Immigration Program).
Even though Alberta PNP is one of the best options for Express Entry candidates with a less CRS score, not all the EE profiles having a CRS score of 325 points received invites for this draw.
This year till date, Alberta PNP has sent out invitations to 1700 Express Entry candidate profiles and in 2021 invitations were sent out to a total of 6250 Express Entry candidate profiles under both Express Entry and opportunity stream. As of now i.e. March 29, 2022, there are nearly 700 Expression of Interest (EOI) applications and 600 Alberta Opportunity Stream applications in the Alberta Express Entry pool.
Eligibility Criteria for Alberta Express Entry:
You are likely to get a notification of interest (NOI) if you fulfil the following requisites
- An active Express Entry profile in the federal express Entry system.
- You must have chosen Alberta as a province to settle in the Express Entry profile.
- You must possess job experience in a profile that aids Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
- You must also have a minimum CRS score of 300 points in the Express Entry.
Supplementary Factors that account for Alberta PNP Draw:
Depending upon the following factors you may or may not receive a NOI even if you are eligible for Alberta Express Entry stream.
- Either work experience or a job offer from an employer in Alberta.
- Graduation from a Canadian post-secondary institution from Alberta.
- Having any of the three; a sibling, child or a parent who holds a PR status residing in Alberta or a Citizen of Canada living in Alberta.
Few Alberta PNP Draw Factors that minimise your possibility:
- If your Express Entry profile is about to expire. (In a period of 5 months or less).
- You have a job profile on the list of High wage and Low wage occupations in the province of Alberta put forth on the online Government of Canada, on the Alberta Opportunity Stream Ineligible Occupation list or an occupation which has a high volume of submissions across all AINP streams.
Applications in the NOCs mentioned below may take more time to process according to AAIP:
- 6311-Food service supervisors
- 6211-Retail sales supervisors
- 1241-Administrative assistants
- 7511-Transport truck drivers
- 4214-Early childhood educators and assistants
- 1221-Administrative officers
- 0631-Restaurant and food service managers
- 1311-Accounting technicians and bookkeepers
- 0621-Retail and wholesale trade managers