Ontario PNP Draw which took place on the 24th of March, 2022 invited a total of 471 application for Express Entry Candidate under the skilled trades stream. The draw took into account only the applicants who had the Express Entry CRS score in the range of 350 and 600 points. The lower limit of the cut off score for this witnessed a considerable decline of 9 points in comparison to the last skilled trades draw which occurred on February 24, 2022. The priority has now been diverted more towards Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP), instead of exclusively depending on Express Entry. This is due to the fact that there has not been a single Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) or Federal Skilled trades (FST) draw since December 2020 and no Canadian Experience Class (CEC) draw since September 2021.
This draw invited only those Express Entry candidates whose profiles were in the pool from March 24, 2021 to March 24, 2022, clearly showing that the Skilled Trades draw only considers the profiles of the applicants who hold a minimum of one year cumulative paid experience of a full time job or an equivalent part time job in Ontario. Skilled Trades listed in Minor Group 633 or Major Groups 72, 73 or 82 of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) were eligible for this draw.
Ontario PNP Requirement of work experience for Federal Skilled Trades (FST):
- The work experience should have been gained through the previous two years from the date of submitting your application to OINP.
- It must be relevant to the occupations mentioned in your Express Entry profile.
- You must have stayed in Ontario while maintaining legal status in Canada.
- The work experience should be of one year in total regardless of the continuity of the work.
- You must have a total of 1560 hours of paid work including part time work experience in within last couple of years.
- You should carry a legitimate licence or certificate in Ontario during the time of application
- Also, you must have a valid certificate of your past two years work experience.
Language Requirements and Residency Status:
- You must be residing in Ontario.
- Must be having a valid work permit while you apply.
- Should have at least Level 5 Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB).
- You must have sufficient balance to support yourself and your dependents by
- Showing the funds mentioned in the bank statements, or other investment statements such as fixed term deposits, mutual funds etc.
- Disclosing your earning per annum from an ongoing job in Ontario.
- Or by having a n employment offer in Ontario.
You should show an intention of staying in Ontario.
Cost for the application processing fee is $1500.