Alberta PNP Draw which was held on the 19th of May, 2022, under the Express Entry Steam gave away just 100 invitations to the profiles of candidates with a score of 382 points and more. However, the particulars of the draw were updated on May 25, 2022. The cut off score for this draw was by far the highest considering the statistics provided on the official website of Alberta. Alberta PNP’s previous draw that happened in April 2020 had a cut off score of 381 points. Cut off score for this draw was 26 points more in comparison with April 2022 draw. Alberta’s PNP draw is now known as AAIP (Alberta Advantage Immigration Program).
Even though Alberta PNP is one of the best options for Express Entry candidates with a less CRS score, not all the EE profiles having a CRS score of 382 points got invitations for this draw.
This year till date, Alberta PNP has sent out invites to a total of 1800 Express Entry applicants and in 2021 invitations were sent out to a total of 6250 Express Entry applicants under Express Entry and opportunity stream. As of now i.e. May 25, 2022, there are nearly 750 Expression of Interest (EOI) applications and 1050 Alberta Opportunity Stream applications in the Alberta Express Entry pool.
Eligibility Criteria for Alberta Express Entry:
You are likely to get a notification of interest (NOI) if you fulfil the following requisites
- An active Express Entry profile in the federal express Entry system.
- You must have chosen Alberta as a province to settle in the Express Entry profile.
- You must possess job experience in a profile that aids Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
- You must also have a minimum CRS score of 300 points in the Express Entry.
Supplementary Factors that account for Alberta PNP Draw:
Depending upon the following factors you may or may not receive a NOI even if you are eligible for Alberta Express Entry stream.
- Either work experience or a job offer from an employer in Alberta.
- Graduation from a Canadian post-secondary institution from Alberta.
- Having any of the three; a sibling, child or a parent who holds a PR status residing in Alberta or a Citizen of Canada living in Alberta.
Few Alberta PNP Draw Factors that minimise your possibility:
- If your Express Entry profile is about to expire. (In a period of 5 months or less).
- You have a job profile on the list of High wage and Low wage occupations in the province of Alberta put forth on the online Government of Canada, on the Alberta Opportunity Stream Ineligible Occupation list or an occupation which has a high volume of submissions across all AINP streams.
Applications in the NOCs mentioned below may take more time to process according to AAIP:
- 6311-Food service supervisors
- 6211-Retail sales supervisors
- 1241-Administrative assistants
- 7511-Transport truck drivers
- 4214-Early childhood educators and assistants
- 1221-Administrative officers
- 0631-Restaurant and food service managers
- 1311-Accounting technicians and bookkeepers
- 0621-Retail and wholesale trade managers