International students including Master’s and PhD graduates along with Workers category receive an invitation to apply for a provincial nomination from Ontario.
In the last couple of days, Ontario conducted five different draws under which it invited nearly 1493 immigration candidates for provincial nomination application.
This draw brings the immigration aspirants nearer to accomplishing their long awaited dream of attaining permanent residency in Ontario.
The first draw which took place on February 28, 2022, 173 immigration candidates were invited under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). These candidates might be qualified for the PhD Graduate Stream too. They required to have a minimum Expression of Interest (EOI) score of 16 to be able to put forward their application.
On the following day, March 1, 2022, Ontario again sent out invitations to candidates for three other streams, Master’s Graduate, Foreign Worker, and International Student Stream.
The statistics of all the five draws that were carried out on February 28, 2022, as well as on March 1, 2022, are mentioned below:
- 238 candidates with a cut off score of 41 were invited under the Master’s Graduate Stream.
- 456 candidates with a cut off score of 39 were invited under the Foreign Worker Stream.
- 411 candidates with a cut off score of 72 were invited under the International Student Stream.
- 173 candidates with a cut off score of 16 were invited under PhD Graduate Stream.
- 215 candidates with a cut off score of 42 were invited under International Student *targeted occupations.
Few more targeted invitations were issued to International Student Stream candidates who had a score of 42 and more having job experience in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) Codes mentioned as follows:
- 2232-Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians
- 2233-Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians
- 2242-Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment)
- 2243-Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
- 2253-Drafting technologists and technicians
- 2282-User support technicians
- 2283-Information systems testing technicians
- 7201-Contractors and supervisors, machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations
- 7202-Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations
- 7203-Contractors and supervisors, pipefitting trades
- 7204-Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades
- 7205-Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers
- 7232-Tool and die makers
- 7233-Sheet metal workers
- 7241-Electricians (except industrial and power system)
- 7242-Industrial electricians
- 7282-Concrete finishers
- 7284-Plasterers, drywall installers and finishers and lathers
- 7291-roofers and shinglers
- 7294-Painters an decorators (except interior decorators)
- 7301-contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades
- 7302-Conractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews
- 7303-Supervisors, printing and related occupations
- 7305-Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators
- 7311- construction millwrights and industrial mechanics
- 7312-Heavy-duty equipment mechanics
- 7313-Refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics
- 7314-Railway carmen/women
- 7315-Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors
- 7318-Elevator constructors and mechanics
- 7321-Automative service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers
- 7333-Electrical mechanics
- 7334-Motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle and other related mechanics
- 7371-Crane operators
- 8255-Contractors and supervisors, landscaping, grounds maintenance and horticulture services
- 9241-Power engineers and power systems operators