On 26th April, 2022, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (Ontario PNP) draw, under skilled trades stream, sent out 1034 express entry profiles. The draw took into consideration candidates with a CRS score in the range of 300-461. I comparison with the previous skilled trades draw, the lower limit of the cut off score declined by 50 points. Moreover, the draw focused on the express entry profiles lying in the pool for a period of one year i.e. from April 26, 2021 to April 26 2022.
Only the applicants who hold at least a year of collective full time work experience or a comparable part time experience in Ontario are eligible to apply for the Skilled Trades draw. Additionally, they must be registered under Minor Group 633 or Major Groups 72, 73 or 82 of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Because there has not been a single FSW draw since December 2020 and a CEC draw since September 2021, all the attention is now being paid to Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) instead of only depending on Express Entry. Nonetheless, Canadian immigration minister has announced that the Express Entry draws will resume from the beginning of July this year.
OINP Work Experience Requirements for FST:
This work experience must meet the following requisites:
- Should have been gained in the span of last two years from your OINP application submission date
- Should involve one or more occupations which are mentioned in your Express Entry profile
- Must be staying in Ontario while maintaining legal status in Canada
- Your work must constitute of one year in total, doesn’t matter if you haven’t worked continuously
- Whether full time or part time, your job should account for 30 hours of paid work per week which adds up to minimum 1560 hours a year
Language and Residency Status Requirements:
You must have:
- A CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) Level of 5 or above
- Must be residing in Ontario
- A legal work permit while applying
There should be sufficient money with you to support your and your family members’ survival which can be obtained by taking following steps:
- Balance shown in the bank statements, or other account statements revealing investments such as fixed deposits, mutual funds, etc.
- Yearly income from current job in Ontario
- A job offer from an employer in Ontario
Apart from all the above mentioned requites, you must have an intention to stay in Ontario.
*The application processing fee is $1500.
To Check Your Canada PR Eligibility Click Here